SAL Institute of Technology & Engineering Research, Ahmedabad was started in 2009-10 by SAL Group. It is a self financed institute. It aims to provide best technical education by paying personal attention to each student. Its way of teaching includes live projects, Industry interactions, hands-on experience and immense opportunities to check the classroom lessons.
- It is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad
Students of Mechanical Engg Department presented a mini eco friendly solar car ‘SAL ZONAVAGAN’
Students of Mechanical Engg Department designed ‘A Novel Water Power Clock’ which runs on water operated battery
Students of Civil Engg department designed a ‘Shake table’ in Earthquake engineering lab under user defined problem, which Shah Alloys Ltd. Manufactured later on.
Postgraduate students of Electronics &Communication designed a model on ‘Control Equipment by Iris for Abnormal Human’ using Image Processing.
Undergraduate students of Electronics & Communication presented a research paper on ‘A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS of POST DEBLOCKING FILTER to REDUCE BLOCKING ARTIFACT’ at the IEEE conference (IGCCEE 2014).
Electronics & Communication Engineering
MBA – Marketing
MBA – Finance
MBA – HRM
The college provides facility for both indoor & outdoor games
Gym facility for both boys and girls
The college was ranked ‘5th Emerging Engineering Institute in India’ by the Times Engineering Survey
- Awarded the ‘Best Engineering Institute in Ahmedabad’, India, in the Global Education Excellence Awards 2014 organized by Prime TIME
- Awarded ‘The Innovation by Engineering Institute’ – Public Choice Project: "A Project on Hybrid Desert Cooler with the Combination of Air Cooler" at the 4th World Education Summit 2014
- Principal of the institute was awarded “Gujarat Rattan" as a Best Principal of the Gujarat State by All India Technical & Management Council
- Awarded by GTU for effectively implementing Thalessemia awareness & testing program in 2011-2012
- Awarded with a Trophy and Certificate on E- India Summit for the Innovative Steps taken for training, placement and consultancy by Government of India and AICTE
SAL Group of Institutions are educational institutes in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. They were administered by Adarsh Foundation established in 2009. Adarsh Foundation is CSR arm of the Shah Alloys Limited, a major steel production company of India.
Technology and Engineering
SAL Institute of Technology and Engineering Research is a Self Financed Institute in Engineering, approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and the Government of Gujarat. The Institutes are affiliated to the Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad. The Institute is offering bachelor's degree Engineering (B.E.) courses like Computer, Mechanical, EC, Civil, Electrical & Automobile Engineering. It is also offering PG Courses (M.E.) in Mechanical, Civil & EC Engineering. This Institute is headed by Principal Dr Rupesh Vasani.
In SAL Campus there are three more institutes. One is SAL Institute of Management, which headed by Principal Dr. Viral Bhatt. Second is SAL Institute of Pharmacy which is headed by Principal Dr K M Patel. Third is SAL Institute of Engineering.
Coordinates: 23°05′03″N72°29′47″E / 23.0842°N 72.4964°E / 23.0842; 72.4964