Become a Member of BAPPOA
The “Bay Area Public Pool Operators Association” began in 1982 with a handful of aquatic professionals who met to discuss, share, inform and benefit from each other’s programs and experiences. Through this medium, the organization has grown to over 175 members on the mailing list and we average over 40 persons at each meeting. BAPPOA is recognized throughout California and the country as a vital leader and advocate in Aquatics.
Click here to download the membership brochure. To become a member of BAPPOA, fill out the application below or email the application to Aaron Roth.
- Primary Members
– Operators or agencies who operate a “public swimming pool” as defined in California Health and Safety Code 115921 (a) and (b)
- Individual Membership: $25/year
- Agency Membership: $50/year
– An agency may have up to three (3) primary members and those individuals must be named on the member application. Only primary members have voting privileges.
- Secondary Members
– Any other person or organization having interest in promoting the purpose of the association who is not eligible as a Primary Member
- Friends of BAPPOA: $25/year
– Individuals retired from operating a “public swimming pool” as defined in California Health and Safety Code 115921 (a) and (b)
- Business Member: $200/year
– All others having interest in promoting the purpose of the association, such as consultants and businesses. Membership fee includes sponsoring snacks at one membership meeting (6 general, 3 maintenance focused) per year
- Friends of BAPPOA: $25/year
The Board of Directors has final review of membership applications and reserves the right to move applicants to the appropriate membership type.
Student Academic Scholarship: Applications accepted through Friday, December 15, 2017
BAPPOA Student Scholarship Application 2017 (PDF)
The Student Academic Scholarship program was started by the Bay Area Public Pool Operators Association, an organization that began in 1982 with a small group of aquatic professionals who met to discuss, share, inform and benefit from each other’s programs and experiences. Today, BAPPOA is recognized throughout California and the country as a vital leader and advocate in Aquatics.
As a leader in the field, BAPPOA is pleased to offer part-time Aquatics staff the opportunity of additional funding for post high school education. This scholarship, ranging from $50 to $500, will be awarded to an individual who has served the community by working in the aquatics field as a lifeguard and/or swim instructor, and who will be seeking a post-secondary education. This scholarship is awarded annually; and all interested applicants must apply on an annual basis.
Karen M. Gordin Scholarship: Applications accepted through Friday, October 20, 2017
Karen M. Gordin Scholarship Packet and Application (PDF)
This scholarship was started in memory of Karen M. Gordin. Karen was an important member of the
Hayward Area Recreation and Park District, who was tragically killed in a car accident in November of 2001.
Karen worked as a lifeguard and swim instructor at the Hayward Plunge, touching many lives. At the bright
age of 19, Karen embodied all the qualities some of us could only dream of having. Karen could be
described as kind, responsible, diligent, sweet, thoughtful, helpful, compassionate, dependable, and mature.
Most of all, she was the person who always had a smile on her face. We would like to award this scholarship
to an individual who embodies the qualities that Karen possessed. The scholarship is intended to be
awarded to an aquatic student, who will be seeking a post secondary education, and embodies the qualities
that Karen possessed.