The Canadian Embassy
Attn.: Visa officer
Subject: APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT (Canada)
My admission application has been approved and now I wish to apply for a study permit. The ORIGINAL letter of acceptance from the institute is attached.
Please see the last page for the list of enclosures and documents, I have attached with the application.
Introduction: I am a professional Web and Graphic designer, holding an extensive work experience of more than 9 years in the graphics industry. I'm currently working as a “Graphics Lead” (Senior Web & Graphics Designer) for a Denmark based Software Company in Islamabad. (Original Letter from the employer is attached.) I also work as a freelance designer and currently have more than 25 clients and companies in my freelance profile list.
Purpose: According to the recent market trends and needs i have decided to enhance my educational qualification and make a career change in my life and strongly feel that this is the right time for me to update my professional skills from 2D graphics into 3D Motion graphics (Computer Animation) to pursue with a bright and secure future carrier. In the current market, there's a huge demand of 3D resources in Pakistan and many of the multinational IT/software companies are targeting 3D - computer animation projects and employees. (Some 3D - computer animation job advertisement printouts are also attached as reference, downloaded from the major job posting websites of Pakistan.) But due to lack of 3D resources (3D professionals), Companies are unable to find an experienced resource. So I'm sure once I'm back to my country with a 3D computer animation degree in hand, I will be valued by the employers in Pakistan.
Purpose of choosing Sheridan: I have chosen a course and now have been granted admission in (course name here) at university or college name here. One of the best reputable institute specially in the Animation industry offering, up to date animation courses with State-of-the-art learning environments featuring the latest technology all over the world, such as the Research facility, highly recognised and competent faculty hired from the biggest companies in the industry such as Nintendo, Sega, PSP, Disney etc..., as well as best hardware machines (Computers and rendering machines) in the labs for animation, also the college alumni, Comprehensive student support services, from Sheridan's friendly Student Advisement Centers to the excellent resources of the Career Centre plus exhibitions for students to show their profile/work developed during their studies and above all, a Practical hands-on learning that prepares you to ‘jump right in' to the workforce.
Other than these, Unique Leading-Edge Centre's of Excellence, These centre's include: Sheridan Elder Research Centre, Sheridan Centre for Animation and Emerging Technologies, Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies, Centre for Healthy Communities.
All these features/facilities/services impressed me and convinced me to join Sheridan. I hope i can avail all the services to my best and cash the study time in good manners.
A first payment fee of CAD $ 12,150.00 to the institute has been paid as mentioned in the invoice, through my personal Dollar ($) Account. Copy of dollar ($) bank draft (sent to the institute) is attached as a proof of evidence.
My health coverage is done through www.gaurd.me under student guard on behalf of the institute.
My accommodation is also arranged, at 2-minutes walking distance from the institute, at:
Address of arranged
Accommodation goes here....
Landlord/Owner Name: his her name here
Landlord e-mail: xxxxxx @ yahoo.com
I have fulfilled all the requirements and have paid CAD$ 600 as required by the landlord to book the room and rest of the amount for living will be paid once landed and is shown available in my bank account (Bank statement). A letter from the landlord is also attached, confirming the booking of my accommodation from August 2010 and onwards (for 1 year). The letter contains her cell contact no. which can be used for further details and verification.
Funds available: According to my earnings and saving i have sufficient funds in my Allied bank (Salary) account (F-6 super market branch) (i.e.: PKR 2,160,000/-over $CAD 26,900 approximately) for my expenses in Canada. (First payment fee of CAD$12,150 and CAD$600 already paid) My recent bank statement (Both, Salary and Dollar $ account) are attached showing the available funds for the last 6 months. I have sold my car (Honda Civic, Model 2007 worth CAD$16,250 equivalents to 1.3 million PKR) to a relative on the terms and conditions of paying in 2 instalments before 1st of July 2010. Original Car sale agreement is also attached.
For further details please refer to my bank statement with highlighted information. Which now makes a total of 2,160,000PKR over $CAD 26,900.
In order to pay my fee in dollars, i.e.: $CAD 12,150 (requirement of the institute) I had to open a new separate personal DOLLAR $ account as my salary account in (Allied bank is a Pakistani rupee (PKR) account and is not eligible to pay in dollar, according to the bank policies), so i had to open a new dollar account and deposit the payable fee amount into it from my salary account, and pay the fee from that account (dollar account). The transaction for paying the fee from my dollar account to the institute can be seen on available bank statement sheet, attached. (Both accounts are my personal accounts)
I assure you that on completion of my course, I will return back, and join the growing 3D industry of Pakistan as I also have strong ties in Pakistan (My aged Mother (picture attached), Brother (picture attached), Wife with 2 kids (Son and Daughter, Not accompanying me, Also immediate family Pictures, Birth certificates and Marriage certificate (Nikkah Nama) are attached as proof of evidence).
I really need your support and request you to encourage me and wish me good luck for my future and efforts and issue me a post dated Study permit from August 1, 2010 onwards, as I want to travel to Canada by end of August 2010.
I believe that the information I have provided is adequate and in detail, however if you have any query, please feel free to contact me on 0092 xxxxxxxxxx or email: xxxxxxxxxx
Thank you so much in advance for your kind consideration.
Your full name here
Rent for accommodation for full 1 year: CAD$ 6,000
Paid to book the room: CAD$ 600
Payable rent: CAD$ 5,400 (This is available in my bank account shown in the statement.)
Total tuition fee for 1 year full course: CAD$ 23,575
First payment fee Paid: CAD$ 12,150
Payable fee: CAD$ 11,300 (This is available in my bank account shown in the statement.)
Total Balance available in my Accounts (Both, Salary and Dollar A/c) = PKR 2,160,000 equivalent to CAD$ 26,900 approximately for my Tuition and living expenses. Last 6 months Statement(s) are attached.
My Health coverage already covered through www.guard.me
NOTE: A list of enclosures and documents is attached with the application on the next sheet.
List of enclosures and documents attached with the application:
1. Cover letter (this document, Explanation and details)
2. Checklist form (IMM 5483)
3. Application form filled and signed
4. Supplementary Information form filled and signed
5. Confirmed offer of acceptance from institute in Canada. (ORIGINAL and 1 copy)
6. Proof of fee paid to the institute. (Receipt from college PLUS the bank draft copy of fee sent to college)
7. Letter from the landlord confirming the accommodation and rent paid.
8. Proof of sufficient funds available in personal account's (Both, Salary and Dollar account), in terms of last 6 months bank statement.
9. Letter from the bank manager, stating from how long I'm maintaining the account.
10. All previous ORIGINAL educational documents. AND Photocopies each.
11. Proof of your English language ability (IELTS results) (ORIGINAL)
12. Letter from my employer, stating my (Name, salary, date of joining and designation)
13. Passport (ORIGINAL and 1 copy)
14. Marriage certificate (Original Plus Photocopy Plus Certified Translation)
15. Immediate Family (Wife, Son and Daughter) Birth certificates - (Original Plus Photocopy Plus Certified Translation)
16. Mother, Brother and Immediate family pictures (Wife, Son and Daughter) Plus my wedding picture with wife also attached.
17. Copy of my National Identity Card. AND a Certified Translation in English)
18. Application processing fee paid in bank (Green receipt from standard chartered)
19. Original Car sale agreement is also attached
20. Six-6 recent photos, mentioning the Full name and Date of birth on one photo.
21. 3D computer animation Job advertisement printouts, downloaded from major job posting websites of Pakistan.
22. Police clearance certificate
When job hunting, the importance of a cover letter cannot be over stated. A well-written cover letter can be the difference between landing an interview or your CV getting lost in a pile of applications.
What is a cover letter? It’s a letter of introduction that highlights your key accomplishments and fit for a job opening. A cover letter adds focus to your resume and gives you the space to truly sell yourself, highlighting why YOU are the perfect candidate for a position.
Step 1: Personalize your letter.
If possible, address the cover letter directly to the hiring manager or recruiter. If this person’s name is not in the job listing, take the extra effort to call or email the company and find out – this extra effort shows initiative. Remember, recruiters often receive large numbers of applications, and you want to do everything possible to make yours stand out.
Step 2: Preparation and Opening Paragraphs:
Your opening paragraph should state the job you are applying for and tell the employer why you are specifically interested in their company.
Before starting to write your cover letter, take down notes on the following:
- Analyze the job description by identifying important skills listed, years of work experience and education level required.
- Review your experience and skills as they compare with the job description.
- Make sure you can talk with passion about the employer. You can visit the employer’s website to learn more about them and even select one member whom you admire or who has contributed significantly to the company in a way that is meaningful to you.
Step 3: Summarize your strengths and how they would be an advantage to the organization.
The next paragraph could be used to highlight a career achievement or two of particular relevance to the job.
Step 4: Closing paragraph
The last paragraph should bring the letter to a polite close. For example,
“I hope my application receives your most favourable consideration. I look forward to your reply and opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss how I could contribute to your team.
(name and surname)
Additional Tips for Writing the Perfect Cover Letter.
Step 1: Keep it short.
- Less is more when it comes to a cover letter. You should have at most, three paragraphs.
- All your information including address, salutations and closing must be one A4 page.
Step 2: Proof Read before applying.
It is important for you to check the letter for mistakes. Ask a friend or family member to proofread the letter before you email or post it.
Step 3: Use simple language and the same font and style as your resume.
The experts recommend using:
- A font that is easy to read such as 11 point Arial or 12 point Times New Roman
- 5-line spacing
- A4 white paper for hard copies of your cover letter